February 19, 2008

The purpose of this blog

After having been inspired by John Solomon and the Elders of Zion to read through a series of bad webcomics and to subject them to critical analysis, I realized that a quiet life of good-webcomickry was not for me. That is to say, even though I realize how bad a good three-quarters of my daily webcomic routine is, I cannot stop. I am addicted to bad webcomics. It is no longer merely enough for me to read the webcomics and say to myself "Dear God, this is bad." I must share that revulsion with you, if only so I can pretend to justify reading them.

If you are familiar with John Solomon's famous blog, then you may have an inkling of what to expect from me. I do not have his credibility, and I probably do not have his eloquence, and I almost certainly do not have his incredible wrath. I do, however, have a more than passing knowledge of several bad webcomics, and I intend to pass that knowledge along to you. I hope that I will not repeat any of the Elders' entries, since I intend for this to be a tribute and a catharsis, not a complete ripoff.

As a final note, I present my daily webcomic routine:
Penny Arcade, 8-Bit Theater, Sheldon Comics, Starslip Crisis, Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, Sinfest, Dominic Deegan, XKCD, Shredded Moose, Sluggy Freelance, Thinkin' Lincoln, Dinosaur Comics, Dr McNinja. I also infrequently check CTRL-ALT-DEL and VGCats.

This list is actually shorter for having read John Solomon's blog.

Welcome, dear reader.

No comments: